www.readabookforcharity.org (RABFC) is an online resource created, managed and maintained by the Davis Family Foundation, a private not for profit enterprise, to publish a book for the purpose of raising funds for charitable organisations.
Information We Collect
Information is collected in two ways: directly from your input and automatically through our technologies.
Information You Provide
The types of personal information that is collected directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational and professional background information;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit.
Information Collected Automatically
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Computer, device and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system, mobile platform and unique device identifier (“UDID”) and other technical identifiers;
- Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) click stream data, including date and time stamp, referring and exit URLs, search terms you used, and pages you visited or searched for on the Service; and
- For location-aware services, the physical location of your device to provide you with more relevant content for where you are in the world.
We may use and disclose information that does not reveal your identity or permit direct association with any specific individual, such as browser and device information, anonymous usage data and aggregated information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
You can control cookies through your browser’s settings and other tools. However, if you block certain cookies, you may not be able to register, login to the RABFC, access certain parts of the RABFC or make full use of the RABFC.
Use of Your Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide the RABFC to you, such as allow access to or delivery of our products or services, process or administer surveys or promotional programmes;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments or concerns;
- Offer you customized content and individualized personalization of the Service to make it more relevant to your interests and needs;
- Enhance, evaluate and improve RABFC, its advertisements and promotional campaigns and our products and services and to develop new products and services;
- Identify and analyse usage trends, including for the purposes of research, audits, reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party content providers;
- Notify you about changes or updates to the Service and our products and services; and
- Provide you special offers, promotions, surveys and other information about the Service as well as products, events and services of ours, our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties such as societies and sponsors.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal information with:
- Relevant agents, representatives, joint venturers, and entities for which we are acting as an agent, licensee or publisher, such as societies and sponsors;
- Applicable suppliers and service providers, including editors, reviewers, credit card processors, customer support, email service providers, mailing houses and shipping agents, and IT service providers.
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
- to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
- to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
- to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our users, employees or others; and
- if the Davis Family Foundation, the RABFC or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Your Choices and Communications Preferences
You can manage your communications preferences by using the “opt-out” or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by contacting us. We reserve the right to notify you of changes or updates to the Service whenever necessary.
The Davis Family Foundation and RABFC take precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction using appropriate administrative, physical and technical security measures.
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Your personal information may be transferred to other countries for processing. By using RABFC, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different personal data protection rules than in your country.
Davis Family Foundation
6 Holmebury Close
Herts, WD23 1SN